Client: Clark Construction
Site Location: Oakland, CA
Scope of Services
Vobecky Enterprises, Inc. (VEI) served as a subcontractor to Clark Construction for the selective demolition phase of the County of Alameda’s Highland Hospital Acute Tower Replacement project. Highland Hospital is Alameda Health System’s flagship hospital, with 236 inpatient beds and renowned regional trauma center. The Acute Care Tower hosts maternal child services and other advanced care. Project work required:
- Demolition of hospital auditorium (interiors and structural members), hospital clinic (V bldg.) and roof tear off.
- Installation of extensive temporary environmental controls, including hard separation of the hospital clinic.
- Employment of an ultra-high reach excavator for roof demolition.
- Removal and replacement of hardscape to allow for site movement and assembly of ultra-high reach excavator.
Project Results Include:
- Work conducted in and around the 592,000 SF facility.
- Project team member on one of the largest healthcare projects undertaken by Alameda County.
- Successful execution of multi-site work in an operational, occupied, and controlled access medical facility and campus.
- Mitigation of all impacts to hospital daily activities, patients, and medical staff.
- Project earned LEED Gold certification for resource conservation and energy savings.
134 North Vermont Avenue, Glendora, CA 91741