Client: General Services Administration (GSA)
Site Location: San Jose, CA
Scope of Services
Vobecky Enterprises, Inc. (VEI) served as the Prime Contractor to the General Services Administration to upgrade Courtroom video evidence audio-visual systems, install required AV infrastructure, and perform repair work at the Robert F. Peckham Federal Building & US Courthouse in San Jose, CA.
Project work required:
- Procurement and installation of new video evidence system and cameras for Courtroom # 8 (4th floor) and Courtroom #4 (5th floor).
- Selective demolition to provide pathway for the AV and electrical conduits.
- Installation of new AV infrastructure (fire-rated floor boxes, conduits, and cables) in 3rd and 4th floor ceiling spaces.
- Modification of 2 existing storage closets to serve as AV control areas for main AV drive and related infrastructure.
- Additional repairs entailed: suspended ceiling, quick release sprinkler heads, electrical, structural steel, HVAC, control automation, fireproofing, concrete cutting/coring, millwork/finishes, carpet, and painting.
Project Results Include:
- Successful execution of multi-disciplinary work, in multiple areas, in a highly secured, controlled access federal building.
- Phasing of repairs to mitigate any interruptions to the Federal Courthouse’s operations, courtroom schedules, public, and workforce.
134 North Vermont Avenue, Glendora, CA 91741