Client: General Services Administration (GSA)
Site Location: 50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA.
Scope of Services
Vobecky Enterprises, Inc. (VEI) served as the Prime Contractor to the General Services Administration to provide functionality improvements to the 50 United Nations Plaza’s historically registered Federal Office Building, located at 50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA. Work areas included:
- Mitigation of sound reverberation in 42 Team Rooms located on multiple floors
- Installation of Safety and Restricted Area decals to enforce building security
- Re-location of facility’s wayfinding and signage to reflect revised tenant assignments
- Installation of weatherproofing to historic, 80-year-old doors and thresholds
- HVAC system adjustments to support new occupancy levels
- Installation of new data cable management and support runway
Project Results Include:
- Improvement of acoustics and sound transfer in 42 Team Rooms.
- Successful collaboration with Historical Architecture to ensure repairs complied with historic rehabilitation regulations for the 1930’s era building.
- Phasing of improvements to mitigate interruptions to the Federal Building’s operations, visiting public, and tenant workforce.
- Re-purposing and salvage of building’s historical elements/components to re-use in repair work, in support of the building’s 2013 LEED Platinum status.
134 North Vermont Avenue, Glendora, CA 91741